Facilities Use Waiver
Warning: This agreement will affect your legal rights, read it carefully.
Every person or such persons’ parent or guardians (if the participant is not of the age of majority) MUST read and understand this waiver and release before participating in activities or attending the facilities at
Fighting Arts Collective
331 Oakwood Ave
York ON M6E 2V8
1. By choosing a payment option below, I confirm that I am the individual below or am the legal guardian of the individual participating if they are under the age of majority, and that I have read and understand this Waiver and Release
2. I understand that this Waiver and Release is made for the benefit of Fighting Arts Collective and each of its directors, officers, employees, insurers, and volunteers.
3. I understand that there are inherent risks (‘Risks’) associated with my participation in activities on or attending Fighting Arts Collective facilities (‘Activities’).
4. I am aware that the Risks include, but are not limited to, the potential for serious personal injury, death, property damage, or illness (e.g., communicable diseases such as SARS, avian flu (H5N1), MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19). I understand the Risks may be relative to my own state of fitness and health (including physical, mental, and emotional), and to the awareness, care, and skill with which I conduct myself.
5. I freely accept and fully assume all responsibilities for all Risks and possibilities of personal injury, death, property damage, illness or other loss resulting from my participation in the above described Activities. I accept these Risks and agree to the terms of this Waiver and Release, even if Fighting Arts Collective is found to be negligent or in breach of any duty of care or any obligation to me in respect of my participation in the Activities.
6. I and my heirs, next of kin, executor, administrators, and assigns (collectively my ‘Legal Representatives’), agree:
a. To waive all claims that I have or may have in the future against Fighting Arts Collective;
b. To release and forever discharge Fighting Arts Collective to the fullest extent permitted by law from all liability for all personal injury, death, property damage, illness, or other loss resulting from my participation in Activities due to any cause, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF FIGHTING ARTS COLLECTIVE, BREACH OF ANY DUTY IMPOSED BY LAW, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR MISTAKE OR ERROR OF JUDGMENT OF FIGHTING ARTS COLLECTIVE, OR OTHERWISE;
c. To release and forever discharge Fighting Arts Collective from all liability for all personal injury, death, property damage, illness, or other loss resulting from an infection, disease, virus, bacterium or other microorganisms (whether asymptomatic or not);
d. To release and forever discharge Fighting Arts Collective from all liability for all personal injury, death, property damage, illness, or other loss resulting from public health emergencies, pandemics, or epidemics, as declared as such by the World Health Organization or any governmental authority; and
e. To be liable for and to hold harmless and indemnify Fighting Arts Collective from all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, costs, demands including court costs and costs on a solicitor and client basis, and liabilities whatsoever nature or kind arising out of any way connected with my, or my guests’ participation in the Activities.
7. I agree that this Waiver and Release and all terms contained within are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario. I hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. Any litigation in any way relating to the Activities or to the matters addressed in this Waiver and Release must be instituted in the Province of Ontario.
8. I confirm that I have had sufficient time to read and understand each term in this Waiver and Release in its entirety, that I have read this Waiver and Release in its entirety, that I fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have agreed to the terms freely and voluntarily. I understand that this Waiver and Release is binding on myself and my Legal Representatives.
I understand that I will not receive a courtesy bill reminder and my account will be charged on the same date as when the first payment occurred .
All fees are subject to an annual increase due to the cost of living.
I understand that tuition, equipment, camps, birthday parties, testing fees and private lessons are non-refundable.
Uniforms, equipment, camps, testing fees, private lessons, etc. are all additional costs and are not included in with tuition or registration. It is the Parent and / or Guardians responsibility to bring the student into the building and to pick them up; we do not have monitors at this time. We do ask that students come to class dressed and remain seated or line up in designated area prior to their scheduled class. Parents and family members are welcome to watch classes, but must be quiet and not disturb the students or staff.
By paying indicates that you have read the Facility Use Waiver and Release guidelines, terms and conditions, and regulations on this contract and fully understand the contents.